: Health Tip: Turning Kids on to a Healthy Lifestyle
Posted March 30, 2015
(HealthDay News) -- You want your kids to embrace healthier eating, but they may fight you if you push too hard.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics suggests:
- Let young children help make a healthy salad, instead of telling them to eat their vegetables. Explain the benefits of eating healthier, instead of forcing the issue.
- Encourage open conversation about nutrition and healthier eating.
- Understand that the temptation to eat unhealthy foods is everywhere for people of all ages.
- Establish limits on unhealthy fare and find a balanced middle ground. Such foods may be enjoyed on occasion but not banned altogether.
- Stock your kitchen with healthy foods, and set a good example by eating these foods yourself.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2015 HealthDay
. All rights reserved.